Araluen Cultural PrecinctTransfers
The Araluen Cultural Precinct provides a fascinating glimpse into the art, culture and heritage of Central Australia and into some of the local identities that helped develop the region.
- The Araluen Arts Centre which is the focal point of the performing and visual art scene in Alice Springs. It incorporates a series of art galleries (including the Namatjira Gallery) along with a professional theatre.
- The Museum of Central Australia enables you to journey through the fascinating evolution of Central Australia from the 'Big Bang' through to the forming of ancient rocks containing the earliest traces of life and evidence of a great inland sea
- The Strehlow Research Centre acts as a repository for material relating to the Arrernte people, their culture and traditions.
- The Central Australian Aviation Museum is located in two aircraft hangars. One is the original Connellan Airways hangar on the site of Alice Springs' first airstrip. The museum is also home to many other pieces of historical aircraft and aviation memorabilia.
- Central Craft has a diverse range of local crafts including jewellery, pottery, weaving, printed silks and woodwork.
- The Araluen Cultural Precinct is culturally significant to the local Arrernte people. There are a number of Aboriginal sacred sites and trees of significance. These are integral components of the 'Two Women Dreaming Track', which runs through the area.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off at accommodation house
- Entry and return transfers
- Approximately 11:30am from all hotels
- 2:15pm or 4:00pm
This transfer service may pick up or drop off passengers at the legendary Ghan at no additional cost (by prior arrangement)
Transfers to and from the Alice Springs Airport can be arranged at an additional cost
This tour may connect up with the Alice Springs Desert Park