The Best of Alice in a DayFull Day Tours
This is one special day! A combination tour of the Morning West MacDonnell Ranges and Afternoon Alice Springs City Sights.
"The West MacDonnell Ranges has been nominated by the Northern Territory Government for World Heritage listing, a register of properties worldwide that exhibit outstanding universal cultural and/or natural values which are important to all people in the world, irrespective of the territory in which they are located."
- Spectacular panoramic 360-degree view from the summit of Anzac Hill
- Rev. John Flynn's Grave (one of Australia's greatest heroes)
- The dramatic Simpsons Gap
- The majestic Standley Chasm, picnic lunch and billy tea.
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service and The School of the Air
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station (Heritage listed by the National Trust and National Estate)
- Mbantua Aboriginal Cultural Museum & Gallery (featuring a fascinating private collection of rare aboriginal artifacts, bush tucker and art)
- The Rugged West MacDonnell Ranges
This tour may drop off at the legendary Ghan departing Alice Springs at no additional cost (by prior arrangement)
"Just a little message to say ‘a big thank you’ for the wonderful time both my husband and myself enjoyed at Alice Springs thanks to Tailormade Tours! We undertook the ‘Best of Alice in a Day’ tour and will highly recommend Graeme for the most wonderful trip and commentary out to Anzac Hill, Flynn’s Grave, Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm. Our picnic lunch was absolutely delightful and the billy tea was just to die for. In the afternoon, we took a trip with John and visited the Royal Flying Doctor Service, School of the Air, the Alice Springs Telegraph Station and Mbantua Museum. We just had a most wonderful time and we owe it all to your highly dedicated, informative and fantastic tour drivers/guides. My husband and I will be highly recommending your service to our friends and also our travel agent"
Kathy and Ken, New South Wales